When considering the difference between corrugated wine shipping boxes versus Styrofoam shipping boxes there is no competition. From taking up so much more space to environmental unfriendliness to wasting lots of money, there are so many reasons why you should not use Styrofoam wine shipping boxes.
Here are some specific reasons why our cardboard boxes should be your first choice in shipping. First, these shipping boxes have been tested and approved by both UPS and FedEx and are confirmed under US patented (US patents 5,730,289 and 5,967,320) as wine, beer and spirits shipping boxes. Secondly, all our products are made in the US from strong corrugated Kraft cardboard. Thirdly, layered with extra cushioning, we include a special insert for each and every bottle for safe and secure shipping. Lightweight and tough, our corrugated shipping boxes are environmentally safe and fully recyclable. They ship flat, saving you money and valuable storage space.
In addition, 3 million tons of Styrofoam are produced in the USA annually, 80% of which is destined for the trash. The ubiquitous single-use plastic takes up 30% of landfill space- about 2.5 million tons or so of Styrofoam goes to the landfill every single year. If you care as much about saving the environment as we do, you will stop using Styrofoam for your wine shipping immediately and begin using corrugated shipping boxes.
Breakdown between Corrugated Shipping Boxes vs. Styrofoam Shippers:
The Spirited Shipper Corrugated Shipping Boxes
- Corrugated Shipping Boxes stores flat, using up to 80% less storage space. These can be reused several times.
- Just two sized containers adjust to ship from 375 ml bottles to magnums and champagne.
- Corrugated shipping boxes are more lightweight they are much cheaper to ship. Made from recycled materials in the US., they are 100% recyclable and environmentally friendly.
- Cardboard can be recycled many times over which saves a great deal of energy and natural resources.
- Air circulates freely in these boxes, protecting labels from trapped moisture.
Styrofoam Shipping Boxes
- Styrofoam Shipping Boxes are bulky and take up valuable storage space.
- Styrofoam boxes are less durable than corrugated.
- Using styrofoam, many different box sizes or additional packaging materials needed to accommodate different sizes.
- Being bulky and heavier , Styrofoam boxes are expensive to ship.
- Made from oil, these boxes trap moisture which can ruin bottle labels.
- Styrofoam kills when it pollutes our rivers, lakes and oceans, and animals mistake Styrofoam pieces for food and die from swallowing.
- The boxes do NOT biodegrade for hundreds of years, hurting our planet.
It should be obvious to any responsible citizen to never use Styrofoam over Corrugated shipper boxes. At The Spirited Shipper we are committed to being a socially responsible corporation and serving our wine and spirit customers with only the highest ethics. We hope you share in our interest and choose us when looking for safe, environmentally-friendly wine shipping boxes.