Introducing our Kraft Shred made from 100% Recycled USA acid-free paper made with 100% hydroelectric energy. Heavier color throughout the paper provides better protection for your products, and pound for pound stuffs 50% more volume. A 6 lb box of Kraft Shred fills the same space as comparable 10 lb shred — saving you money on the shipping supplies and many times the shipping cost of your product.
Consider the following questions.
- Are my products fragile?
- Are my products very heavy?
- Do my products have corners that could be subject to damage (i.e. books, postcards)?
- Does my package have significant excess space in it that could cause my products to move around and get bent, damaged or scuffed while the package is in transit?
- Is it important to me and my brand that my customers receive a package that is unique and enjoyable to open?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, Kraft Shred Fill should likely be part of your packaging strategy. Corrugated shipping boxes are the most likely shipping strategy to require shred fill of some sort because (regardless of what your product is) they are the most likely to contain excess air. But there are certainly cases where shred fill isn’t needed.
What Functionality Do I Need From My Kraft Shred Fill?
After reviewing the above, if you’ve decided you are going to explore shred fill for your packaging solutions, the next step is to be clear on which of the following purposes your void fill will serve so you can find the right solution.
Typically, your need for Kraft Shred Fill will fall into one or more of the four following categories:
- Moldable Product Protection
- Blocking and Bracing
Depending on how it is used, packaging filler paper can support the following uses:
- Filling empty space
- Full product protection
- Corner / edge protection
- Presentation and customer experience.